Energy balls are a staple in our household. They’re perfect for busy days when the children (and the grown-ups!) need that extra energy kick in a most convenient, bite-sized portion.
This recipe only has three whole food ingredients, which you are likely to have in your pantry. All you have to do is throw them in a blender and mix for a minute or two before rolling into bite-sized balls! And no added sugars at all – the sweetness comes from the dates!
It’s so easy to make your own energy balls, and you’ll be glad you did when they cost around $3 a ball at a health-food store or restaurant. My four-year-old particularly loves to get involved in the preparation of these raw balls – although she loves the eating part even more!
You can consume the balls immediately, although it’s best to put them in the fridge for an hour or so to harden them up before devouring them. Enjoy the whole food goodness!
The Easiest & Yummiest Raw Energy Balls
- High speed blender
- 1 cup almonds baked almonds are tastiest
- 1 cup Medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup desiccated dried coconut
- Bung the almonds, dates and dried coconut in a blender and blend until it's become a rough but sticky mixture. You may need to use a spoon to clean down the sides of the blender before blending again to ensure you don't have any large nut pieces.
- Scoop approximately 1 tablespoon and roll using the palms of your hands into balls. Do the same for the entire mixture.
- Put in the fridge for an hour before devouring!